Ron Lowe: Thanks Obama
January 21, 2018
Thank you Barack Obama — you gave us eight wonderful years as our cool, calm and collected president.
Donald Trump, our 45th president, is the antithesis of all that Obama represented and is trying to undo as many of Obama's achievements as possible. The man is sick!
Rarely have so many things — from stocks to bonds to property to bitcoin — exhibited such a sense of promise. The run-up in stock markets over the past eight years was the result of the Obama administration's handling of the economy; house prices have bounced back since the financial crisis and companies are flush with cash and the country is in the throes of a bull market in everything.
Trending In: Letters
- Carolyn Sherwood: Newell the best choice
- Gerard Tassone: Foster is right choice for Nevada County sheriff
- Ashley Roenicke: Miller’s the best choice for Nevada County supervisor
- Joseph Hunter: Honoring Ambassador Stevens
- Mikos Fabersunne: Experience of Palestinians parallels Native Americans under colonialism
- Cal Fire: McCourtney, Lobo wildfires caused by trees falling into powerlines, PG&E cited
- Fire Safe Council puts Joanne Drummond on administrative leave
- Grass Valley police: Cab driver assaulted customer with heavy flashlight
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors