Richard Howell: GOP plan puts profit over people
December 27, 2017
This must be an embarrassing time to be a Republican and show your face in public. Congress and the White House, your Congressman, Doug LaMalfa in lock step, are in a full-on assault on middle class America.
Our White House, an international joke has attacked decades of health and safety protections, stirred religious and racial hatred, and eroded confidence in basic institutions. Congress, ignoring our tragic recent history has relaxed gun laws, boosting corporate profits at the expense of public safety. But it is the current tax plan that must stand as the Republican's real mark of shame.
The "party of responsibility" is adding $1.5 trillion to the national debt to reward their corporate benefactors. No research supports their "con" that tax cuts for the wealthy will energize the American economy, but assert they do. Likely, tax savings will be invested abroad, where profits are high and ethics are low.
Republicans, you've sold our children and grandchildren into slavery by continuing to vote for corrupt politicians who will say one thing to get elected, pandering to your greed and fears, but, elected, do what their corporate donors demand.
Profit, after all, is more important than people. Right?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Bear River principal resigns
- Nevada County’s first medical cannabis dispensary set to open
- San Francisco woman dies near Purdon Crossing, Nevada County coroner says
- UPDATE: Evacuations, lane closures lifted after fire contained near Lime Kiln and Wolf roads in South Nevada County (VIDEO)
- Schennal Gomez, once facing a murder charge in Nevada County, now free