Richard Calkins: DeVos and education
January 23, 2019
Please note that in his column, Terry McAteer claims to speak for everyone when claiming that Betsy DeVos has had absolutely no impact on education.
Such unsubstantiated rants have no place in The Union, because they are as unscientific and nonfactual as the religious dogma schools that DeVos promotes and Pence strongly supports as a substitute for science and fact-based public schools. I always encouraged my students to express opinions on important issues as long as they supported them with facts. Please do that.
Richard Calkins, retired social science teacher
Trending In: Letters
- Three Grass Valley arrests involve drugs, alcohol
- Grass Valley resident hits up Grammy Awards ceremony for third time
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s