Paul Schwartz: July 4 fireworks viewing options
July 15, 2018
Both Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital's Parking Lot 4 and Sierra College parking lots were closed July 4 to folks looking for alternatives to the fairgrounds to watch the fireworks.
Both are good locations for older folks and families who want to avoid the crowds, noise, and traffic. The guards at both locations said they were closed to the public because there wasn't access to bathrooms.
I suggest Grass Valley, Nevada City, Nevada County, and the Fair Board leadership collaborate while planning 2019 fireworks event and include resources to locate portable outhouses and extra security at each of these two locations.
My family and friends watched the 2017 fireworks at the hospital parking Lot #4 and it was wonderful. The event lasts a couple of hours and the more folks that can enjoy it the better.
Trending In: Letters
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info