Nora Nausbaum: Misrepresentation of ‘Families together’ protest
July 6, 2018
I appreciate that your job is difficult; however, I am very disappointed by the story in The Union on Saturday's protest, and thought it was inaccurate.
I was standing in front of you at the gas station corner and saw what you saw. Hundreds of protestors and a few counter protestors. In making the story about the handful of "Build the Wall" people, you reported inaccurately.
The main story was the hundreds of people from our community protesting immigration policy and specifically children being detained in cages without their parents.
Now if I wasn't there and only read the article, I would have been misinformed.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports