Miscarriage of justice
June 26, 2015
Even though a jury found Phil Lester and Susan Laferte guilty of several charges, I maintain they are innocent. They are two of the finest folks you would want to know. Their accusers lost money in Gold Country Lenders but so did Phil and Susan and so did I. GCL loaned our money on real estate the same as did the banks. The government bailed out the banks but prosecuted Phil and Susie. Several of those who had money invested in loans decided Phil and Susie should be prosecuted because the loans became defaulted. We forgive the accusers but we will not stop our efforts to free them until this miscarriage of justice is reversed.
Incline Village, Nev.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County authorities find explosive device in Glenbrook Basin; businesses evacuated, no one hurt
- Nevada County assault victim remains in hospital
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Smell of death at Colfax Avenue home
- MEET YOUR MERCHANT: Nevada County couple helps keep homes warm through growing trend of energy logs
- Nevada City man faces felonies for honey oil lab