Miscarriage of justice
June 26, 2015
Even though a jury found Phil Lester and Susan Laferte guilty of several charges, I maintain they are innocent. They are two of the finest folks you would want to know. Their accusers lost money in Gold Country Lenders but so did Phil and Susan and so did I. GCL loaned our money on real estate the same as did the banks. The government bailed out the banks but prosecuted Phil and Susie. Several of those who had money invested in loans decided Phil and Susie should be prosecuted because the loans became defaulted. We forgive the accusers but we will not stop our efforts to free them until this miscarriage of justice is reversed.
Incline Village, Nev.
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- Nevada Union senior Hunter Vallejo donates to the hospital that saved his life as a baby
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Highway 20 crash closes road above Nevada City
- Grass Valley police make 3rd indecent exposure arrest this month