Meredith Manning: A small drop in a huge wave
July 12, 2018
The Saturday "Families Belong Together" event was a remarkable demonstration of over 300 Nevada County residents from all walks of life protesting the unconscionable and inhumane policy of separating desperate parents from their children at our borders without due process.
There were 10 counter-protesters. They did not "crash the party." They were a small drop in a huge wave of outrage that compelled so many local residents to spend the day in the broiling sun exercising their First Amendment right to condemn cruel government policies.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports