Martha Rees: Kudos to Flour Garden Bakery
April 5, 2018
Our thanks to Susan Copeland and the Flour Garden Bakery staff for their warm hospitality in allowing us to hold American Association of University Women Tech Trek nominee interviews at their Sutton Way location.
Thanks for going above and beyond to make us feel at home. This year, our committee interviewed 31 Nevada County seventh grade girls nominated by their teachers for eight spots at Tech Trek STEM camp at the University of California, Davis. The Flour Garden provided the perfect environment to talk to the girls and their parents in a comfortable, welcoming setting.
Martha Rees, Tech Trek branch coordinator
Tech Trek Committee, American Association of University Women Nevada County Branch
Trending In: Letters
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports