Lisa LaBarbera: Food for thought | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Lisa LaBarbera: Food for thought

I guess I am confused. How can 12 marijuana plants not be enough for one person with a legal marijuana prescription?

And while having to grow indoors the cost may increase, the quality control will increase and lack of animals getting into the crop will decrease.

Regarding the 90 percent pro-marijuana and 10 percent anti-marijuana at the Board of Supervisors meeting, the other 90 percent of the anti-marijuana people were at work. Most working people can’t leave work to attend a 1:30 p.m. BOS meeting. Had this been held at 7 p.m. I am sure more of the anti-marijuana folks would have been there. It was obvious that those who grow have a lot of time on their hands in the winter, in the middle of the day.



Didn’t this community vote down Measure S? “… Measure S would have taken a liberal and lax set of restrictions and make them even more liberal, doing away with provisions necessary to keep the county free of marijuana-related violence, noise and odor nuisances and drug abuse.”

Had the “grow” community abided by current ordinance 2349 and the NC Code Title 2, General Code, Chapt. IV, General Regulations then this new emergency ordinance and ballot may have not be necessary.




Lisa LaBarbera

Grass Valley


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


Letters

Kenly Weills: Outrage to paint over street art

|

On May 29, I watched Nevada City’s amazing caretaker Miriam Morris starting to paint a river on Commercial Street’s pavement. Well-planted containers added to the beautification finally coming to a street that had been dug…



See more