Linda Sutter: Re-elect a leader
April 6, 2018
Leadership is one of those words that everyone has a slightly different take on. How do we define it?
To me it's the ability to inspire others to achieve shared objectives, and I think the most important word, by far, is to inspire. I think that is the difference between leading and managing.
Cliff Newell, our long-standing district attorney, is a leader. He has the clarity of vision of where he wants to take our community to keep it safe and stable. He also has the courage of his convictions even when things get extremely challenging. Newell's leadership is what is called for now.
As the election for Nevada County District Attorney approaches, it is imperative that we reinstate Cliff Newell, a self-actualized leader who is not seeking fame and attention by pointing fingers and making accusations as his opponent, Glenn Jennings continues to do.
There are leaders and there are sensationalists; let's re-elect a leader.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property