Patricia Sharp: LaMalfa — self interest won’t fly anymore
January 6, 2019
Thank you, Susan Rogers, for calling out LaMalfa's lie in your recent column, "LaMalfa lied to get re-elected."
Lying is a form of cheating. The voters deserve better from their elected officials. We need leaders who develop skill negotiating and implementing policies that are in the public interest. Roughing up the other player by lying is not leadership.
The press fulfills an important role in keeping the public informed and our elected officials held accountable for their actions. This article helps to put LaMalfa and other public officials on notice that self interest before public service isn't going to fly anymore.
Trending In: Letters
- Home prices climb out of reach for many in Nevada County (GRAPH)
- Woman who pleaded to Grass Valley T-Mobile robbery skips court
- Truckee officer recognizes wanted man, finds guns during search
- Nevada County authorities release cause of death in Adea Shabani homicide
- Meet your merchant: Love of area leads to setting up shop