Kathryn Davis: Thanks for 100-year history of the Armistice
November 20, 2018
Kudos to the Nevada County Historical Society, the project director, Linda Jack, and many local sponsors for the events and displays in recognition of the Armistice's 100 year anniversary, reminding all of us of our communities contributions and lives lost in World War I.
It's a timely reminder that communities pulling together can have world-wide concern and impact. Visitors to the extremely well curated and presented exhibit at the Rood Center lobby (that can be viewed through the month of November) will gain an understanding of Nevada County's citizens' experiences during the war.
Special recognition to The Union for its extensive coverage of the Armistice anniversary.
Trending In: Letters
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her
- Grass Valley police: Penn Valley man faces more charges after threatening hospital staff
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail