Karli Woodgrift: ‘Street of Dreams’ aptly named
November 9, 2016
How to thank all of you for your generous hearts? Habitat for Humanity's Street of Dreams fundraiser filled the room with hundreds of people.
It was especially important to me because all the proceeds will help build our Habitat Home.
It's such a huge blessing that still seems unreal to me. I would have never guessed that I would live in a beautiful home. I learned what disappointment and empty promises felt like when I was young. I have moved 10 times in 16 years. Now I will have not only a house, but a home.
I can pursue my dream to be a doctor knowing that my family is safe and comfortable. I will be the first in my immediate family to attend college. Before my mom was selected as a Habitat Homeowner, I didn't feel like my future included a permanent home. After this news, I know the impossible is possible.
I am thankful for the generosity of our community. It wouldn't be possible for families like mine to buy a home without Habitat for Humanity, their volunteers, donors, and every helping hand and heart in our community. Thank you for helping build our home.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- Nevada Union senior Hunter Vallejo donates to the hospital that saved his life as a baby
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Highway 20 crash closes road above Nevada City
- Grass Valley police make 3rd indecent exposure arrest this month