John Deam: Vote LaMalfa
June 22, 2018
I, like Lia Lorton's recent letter to the editor, would like people to remember that Congressman LaMalfa wanted to nominate our president for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Remember when you cast your vote that President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009 "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."
He was named nine months after assuming the presidency. What had he done in those nine months? Meanwhile, regarding peace, what's up with ISIS and North Korea during Obama's presidency and Trump's presidency?
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- Bear River High School taps Lyman Gilmore’s Roberts as new principal