Jo Ann Rebane: Marijuana: about ‘getting the money’
November 23, 2018
Nevada City's rush to provide a temporary authorization enabling legal adult-use marijuana sales in the future is misguided.
Seems like the Council's implied promise to stick with medical marijuana only, to go slow, to evaluate those effects, and to deal with the city's ongoing inability to enforce compliance with the current marijuana ordinance has fallen in favor of "getting the money" from a cannabis tax.
Is this fair city about to give up on creating a healthy environment for business and raising families, and choosing instead a new unhealthy character that will swamp the historical charm of the town?
Jo Ann Rebane, who lives in Nevada City, is a member of The Union Editorial Board. Her views are her own and do not represent the views of The Union or its editorial board members.
Trending In: Letters
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her
- Grass Valley police: Penn Valley man faces more charges after threatening hospital staff
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail