Jim Clawson: Do you want to be responsible for the next fire?
December 5, 2018
This last month or so there have been a couple letters and guest editorials pertaining to PG&E'S request for additional trimming or removal of trees.
I understand the concerns dealing with the 4-foot clearances versus the request for a 12-foot clearance and the owners' love of trees. However, just a gust of wind can bring down a dead (or live) limb from outside that 4-foot radius and cause an outage or fire.
Having worked in and visited Paradise for a number of years, the Grass Valley/Nevada City community is very similar, large areas of overgrown brush and forested areas with narrow dead end roads.
We need to be more fire conscious and also comply with Cal Fire's clearing requirements. Do you really want to be responsible for the next fire?
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley resident hits up Grammy Awards ceremony for third time
- Three Grass Valley arrests involve drugs, alcohol
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s