Jeffrey Ellis: Let’s be more creative in using existing tax revenues
May 16, 2018
Mr. Poston's April 20 opinion piece "Measure E will help Grass Valley meet shortfalls" is what I expect from a politician.
Doom and gloom if you don't let us raise your taxes (again). Don't you think there was a reason Measure N had a sunset provision?
No matter that California has among the highest (maybe the highest) taxes of any state in the nation, and taxes on gasoline are obscenely high. Here's a thought: why not be more creative in using existing tax revenues, so that taxes don't need to be raised?
Maybe taxes could even be lowered!
Trending In: Letters
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s