Jeff Loberg: Trump, not Obama, deserves the credit
February 5, 2018
On Jan. 21, Nevada County's chief Obama cheerleader once again heaped great praise on our former president, stating that our flourishing economy is a direct result of Obama administration policies; the stock market gains too.
Ron Lowe needs to face the hard facts that as much as he dislikes Trump, Obama's administration was a failure and Trump's is succeeding. Trump the person is not the most likable guy; I get that. But his policies are working.
Obama could only muster 2 percent economic growth, at best, whereas Trump's policies have us growing at 3 percent. The fact is the economy started improving after Trump's election.
After eight terrible years, we're finally headed the right direction again.
Trending In: Letters
- Woman sentenced to 4 months in jail in Nevada County child abuse case
- Grocery delivery service set to launch in Nevada County
- Former Grass Valley murder suspect arrested on unrelated charge
- San Francisco woman dies near Purdon Crossing, Nevada County coroner says
- Nevada City man found sleeping outside, arrested twice in 2 days