Jeff Loberg: Trump, not Obama, deserves the credit
February 5, 2018
On Jan. 21, Nevada County's chief Obama cheerleader once again heaped great praise on our former president, stating that our flourishing economy is a direct result of Obama administration policies; the stock market gains too.
Ron Lowe needs to face the hard facts that as much as he dislikes Trump, Obama's administration was a failure and Trump's is succeeding. Trump the person is not the most likable guy; I get that. But his policies are working.
Obama could only muster 2 percent economic growth, at best, whereas Trump's policies have us growing at 3 percent. The fact is the economy started improving after Trump's election.
After eight terrible years, we're finally headed the right direction again.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- New Nevada County firearm rules go into effect Jan. 10
- Former Nevada County resident ‘Cappy’ Gordon killed in Montana
- Nevada County supervisors eye Old Tunnel Road land for homeless services
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)