Janet Ann Collins: Shopping cart theft a huge cost to grocery stores
July 11, 2018
A few days ago I mentioned to the staff at a grocery store that I'd seen one of their shopping carts on the sidewalk quite a way down the street from the store.
They said they couldn't send any staff to get it because they were needed for their jobs on site, and their liability insurance wouldn't cover them if they were not on the premises.
They told me shopping carts get stolen all the time, and each one costs about $300 to replace.
So please be considerate, and don't be a thief. If you do need to take a shopping cart out of a store's lot to reach your vehicle, or even your home, please return it to the store right away.
Janet Ann Collins
Trending In: Letters
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut