James DeVinny: Foster has my vote
May 20, 2018
I was enlightened by the League of Women Voters' debate. I learned that Bill Smethers was "taught by his father to treat others as he would like to be treated himself."
He then went on to say troubling things that implied education, leadership experience and the ability to attract the top level of experience to the department is a bad thing. He made fun of "retirees." The disdain and disrespect of retirees in this community demonstrates the way that a Sheriff's Office led by candidate Bill Smethers would treat retirees.
John Foster treats everyone with dignity and respect — despite their age, their immigration status, their sexual preference, their occupation, their political leanings, their gender, their skin color. We need a leader who values experience instead of mocks it.
We need John Foster and he has my vote.
Trending In: Letters
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim