James DeVinny: Foster has my vote
May 20, 2018
I was enlightened by the League of Women Voters' debate. I learned that Bill Smethers was "taught by his father to treat others as he would like to be treated himself."
He then went on to say troubling things that implied education, leadership experience and the ability to attract the top level of experience to the department is a bad thing. He made fun of "retirees." The disdain and disrespect of retirees in this community demonstrates the way that a Sheriff's Office led by candidate Bill Smethers would treat retirees.
John Foster treats everyone with dignity and respect — despite their age, their immigration status, their sexual preference, their occupation, their political leanings, their gender, their skin color. We need a leader who values experience instead of mocks it.
We need John Foster and he has my vote.
Trending In: Letters
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property