James DeVinny: Foster has my vote
May 20, 2018
I was enlightened by the League of Women Voters' debate. I learned that Bill Smethers was "taught by his father to treat others as he would like to be treated himself."
He then went on to say troubling things that implied education, leadership experience and the ability to attract the top level of experience to the department is a bad thing. He made fun of "retirees." The disdain and disrespect of retirees in this community demonstrates the way that a Sheriff's Office led by candidate Bill Smethers would treat retirees.
John Foster treats everyone with dignity and respect — despite their age, their immigration status, their sexual preference, their occupation, their political leanings, their gender, their skin color. We need a leader who values experience instead of mocks it.
We need John Foster and he has my vote.
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- Bear River High School taps Lyman Gilmore’s Roberts as new principal