Glenn Jennings: All statements about District Attorney can be corroborated
February 27, 2018
In response to Tom Swisher's letter to the editor (Feb. 22):
I don't recall Mr. Swisher as having been present when the narcotics officer in question asked me to dismiss the case (People v. Bell), nor was he part of this investigation which included interviews of three fellow law enforcement officers.
All of my statements can be corroborated by court records, deputy district attorneys who experienced Mr. Newell's decisions to place this officer on "rehabilitation," and the reports from these interviews.
Trending In: Letters
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- A number of Nevada County schools closed Friday