Glen Garrod: Global warming deniers need to be voted out
November 2, 2018
"The good thing about science is it's true whether or not you believe in it." — Niel deGrasse Tyson, astrophysicist.
A major United Nation's report by 91 scientists, from 40 countries, analyzing 6,000 scientific studies, was recently released stating nations have 12 years from today to drastically reduce greenhouse gases and entirely eliminate them by 2050. If we fail, life on the planet, as we know it, will change catastrophically.
The science is proven, the empirical data is irrefutable, evidence is the increasing intensity of the massive hurricanes, typhoons, firestorms, droughts, heat waves, floods etc. We have a global emergency!
We need change NOW! People who do not believe in man-made global warming must be voted out of office. Doug LaMalfa is in that group. Audrey Denny believes in science. Audrey Denny by herself can't make the necessary changes. Her working collectively with people who grasp the depth and magnitude of the problem might have a chance.
For the sake of our planet, our children and our grandchildren, please vote for Audrey Denny for Congress.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Suspected shooter evades police on motorcycle on Highway 49 through Nevada County
- Nevada City ‘Uber driver’ sentenced to four years
- Nevada City considers moratorium on some cannabis manufacturers
- House rules: The Pour House open for business in Grass Valley
- Nevada County judge sentences child molester to 12 years