June 2, 2014
California Legislators, controlled by left wing Democrats, have further redefined the family through a bill that would change the birth certificates.
AB 1951 by Jimmy Gomez, D Los Angeles, would expand choices for gay parents by adding the designation parent next to father or mother. The bill would allow a lesbian couple to state that a child has two mothers, a mother and a female "father," or two female "fathers."
The bill passed through the Assembly in mid-May and was sent to the State Senate with a comment from Pacific Justice Institute that strongly opposed AB 1951: "In a season where we just celebrated Mother's Day and will celebrate Father's Day on June 15, it is astounding that lawmakers want to render these concepts meaningless."
Pro-homosexual laws make California a laughingstock for other states and is an embarrassment to decent citizens. Californians should ask their senators to veto this brazen bill. A better way to live is by Christian moral standards that lead to a happy life.
We also should ask candidates for public office if they support or oppose redefining marriage and family.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Three Grass Valley arrests involve drugs, alcohol
- Grass Valley resident hits up Grammy Awards ceremony for third time
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s