Douglas Bianchi: Poor election coverage
June 13, 2018
Your June 5 election day coverage was a disappointment. The new Voter's Choice Act effectively changes "election day" into the last chance to vote during "election month."
After your early editorial suggestion that we should wait until the end of this period to cast our ballots, you almost let the event slip by, marking its passing with an unenthusiastic little 120-word notice at the bottom of page one.
I would hate to think that wide participation by the local citizenry in deciding their future was not a priority for you.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County authorities find explosive device in Glenbrook Basin; businesses evacuated, no one hurt
- Nevada County assault victim remains in hospital
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Smell of death at Colfax Avenue home
- Nevada County judge rules against release for terminally ill inmate
- MEET YOUR MERCHANT: Nevada County couple helps keep homes warm through growing trend of energy logs