Deborah Wilder: GOP can work toward worthy bipartisan legislation
March 17, 2015
The House of Representatives recently passed 12 bipartisan bills to combat Human Trafficking, a $9.8 billion crime industry that affects over 300,000 children.
The measures will help give law enforcement the tools necessary to prevent human trafficking, ensure victims of this crime have access to support and services, and provide training to government employees so they can detect and respond to human trafficking more effectively.
Thanks to Congressmen La Malfa and McClintock for their leadership on this issue and for showing us all that Republicans do work toward good bipartisan legislation. For a summary of these bills go to: http://www.speaker.gov/general/end-sex-trafficking
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada Union senior Hunter Vallejo donates to the hospital that saved his life as a baby
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Highway 20 crash closes road above Nevada City
- Grass Valley police make 3rd indecent exposure arrest this month