Deborah Ireland: Thanks Nik, for the fire safety tips
November 9, 2017
I really appreciate the article Nik Colyer contributed to The Union regarding fire hazards. Sharing his personal experience, information and explanations in an easy-to-understand manner drove home my understanding of how and why a situation isn't fire safe.
We have our chimney cleaned every year, but we were sure to wait until the rains dampened the area before we used our wood stove. I also know now that two days isn't enough to cool off a bucket of ashes.
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Inmate at-large, walks away from Washington Ridge camp
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening