Deborah Ireland: Thanks Nik, for the fire safety tips
November 9, 2017
I really appreciate the article Nik Colyer contributed to The Union regarding fire hazards. Sharing his personal experience, information and explanations in an easy-to-understand manner drove home my understanding of how and why a situation isn't fire safe.
We have our chimney cleaned every year, but we were sure to wait until the rains dampened the area before we used our wood stove. I also know now that two days isn't enough to cool off a bucket of ashes.
Trending In: Letters
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley