Deborah Ireland: Thanks Nik, for the fire safety tips
November 9, 2017
I really appreciate the article Nik Colyer contributed to The Union regarding fire hazards. Sharing his personal experience, information and explanations in an easy-to-understand manner drove home my understanding of how and why a situation isn't fire safe.
We have our chimney cleaned every year, but we were sure to wait until the rains dampened the area before we used our wood stove. I also know now that two days isn't enough to cool off a bucket of ashes.
Trending In: Letters
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property