David Whitehead: Support the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act
November 30, 2018
Support the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act
The Trump Administration released the latest National Climate Assessment Report. Its warnings should startle us all to action.
Combined with the latest IPCC Report, the USA's report shows agreement and strengthens the consensus about the crisis confronting us. Our atmosphere and our oceans are warmer. That warming means intensified weather, rising sea level, staggering economic costs, and threats to human health and life. If we choose to argue about how bad it will be, we waste time to act.
We must price greenhouse gas emissions. We must regulate how much emissions may be produced. We must invest in new clean energy research.
Now a bipartisan group of Congressional members have sponsored and introduced HR7173 The Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Act on the House floor. With this legislation we would join Canada in leading the world with a pollution price. The Border Adjustment Tax will get China and India to create parallel emission reductions, and Africa will be encouraged to utilize renewable energy and sustainability concepts in their future industrialization plans.
Support this bill. Write your member of Congress today.
Recommended Stories For You
David J. Whitehead
Trending In: Letters
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her
- Grass Valley police: Penn Valley man faces more charges after threatening hospital staff
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail