Craig Steiger: Nugget Fringe Festival a success
February 8, 2018
The recent Nugget Fringe Festival presented an astonishing array of local talent. In particular, I found the performance of "Mary Brave Eyes" exceptional.
A play conceived and elaborated with a message of cultural and personal transformation. Karen Leigh Sharp, playwright and director of the drama, has given the community a labor of love — the endless hours writing, re-writing, selecting actors and coaching them. Janine Martin producing, Gwyn Stramler's creative set designs, and the ensemble of actors themselves in cool 1969 costumes is really impressive. These young actors have received real-life experience on the stage.
A great success!
Trending In: Letters
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- No bystanders injured in wreck that led to death of Grass Valley driver
- 30-unit housing development proposed for Grass Valley
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors
- HEW property owner plans another run at development