Craig Steiger: Fringe Festival talent astonishing
February 16, 2018
Kudos to Nugget Fringe
The recent Nugget Fringe Festival presented an astonishing array of local talent.
In particular, I found the performance of "Mary Brave Eyes" exceptional. A play conceived and elaborated with a message of cultural and personal transformation. Karen Leigh Sharp, playwright and director of the drama, has given the community a labor of love — the endless hours writing, re-writing, selecting actors and coaching them. Janine Martin producing, Gwyn Stramler's creative set designs, and the ensemble of actors themselves in cool 1969 costumes is really impressive.
These young actors have received real-life experience on the stage. A great success!
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- High-speed chase ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims