Craig Steiger: Fringe Festival talent astonishing
February 16, 2018
Kudos to Nugget Fringe
The recent Nugget Fringe Festival presented an astonishing array of local talent.
In particular, I found the performance of "Mary Brave Eyes" exceptional. A play conceived and elaborated with a message of cultural and personal transformation. Karen Leigh Sharp, playwright and director of the drama, has given the community a labor of love — the endless hours writing, re-writing, selecting actors and coaching them. Janine Martin producing, Gwyn Stramler's creative set designs, and the ensemble of actors themselves in cool 1969 costumes is really impressive.
These young actors have received real-life experience on the stage. A great success!
Trending In: Letters
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info