Craig Silberman: We’re better than this
February 12, 2019
This morning I'm reading that the school and many events are canceled because of snow — one inch of snow.
The foothills of the Sierra used to measure snowfall in feet, not fractions of inches. Most of the vehicles around here are SUVs, pick-ups, and AWD crossovers. Many of the residents drive to the mountains to ski and snowboard.
Why the emergency declaration for a little snow?
We're better than this.
Trending In: Letters
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley