Cheryl McCormack: Cost of living is the key issue
November 22, 2018
The general fund in California is like a pie cut into pieces with money going to different agencies.
The agencies include education, corrections, transportation, health and human services, consumer services and housing, labor and workforce development, and government operations. The bonds recently passed in the election will be paid through the general fund. Don't be surprised if agency budgets are cut or "readjusted."
Building houses will create a place to live, but will not change the cost of living. It would be better to work on the causes of the problem.
Trending In: Letters
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her
- Grass Valley police: Penn Valley man faces more charges after threatening hospital staff
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail