Charmaine Rhine: School adds to Nevada City parking problem
January 18, 2018
Thank you for covering the story regarding the future of the former Nevada City Elementary School.
I am a concerned resident who happens to live immediately across the street from NCE. I speak for many in my neighborhood who struggle with parking and traffic issues related to the current tenant, Yuba River Charter School. There is already a limited amount of parking in our neighborhood and many do not have off-street parking available. We also get traffic from downtown, the courthouse, Airbnb tenets, tourists, gardeners, attorneys and friends/family of other residents.
I implore the Nevada City School District to consider the impacts of having a school right in the middle of a neighborhood before making a decision about the next occupant of the NCE building.
Please take this opportunity to resolve the ongoing traffic and parking dilemma before you invite another tenant to compound on this already frustrating situation in our neighborhood.
Trending In: Letters
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims