Bruce Bolinger: Beware of phone scammers
November 29, 2018
Today at 7 a.m. and again 45 minutes later we received an automated phone call purporting to be a Maria Gomez informing us that our Social Security number had been suspended, and that we should call a phone number, which she provided.
I assume that we were targeted because we are in our 80s.
The Federal Trade Commission has a page on its website headed, "Scammers impersonate the Social Security Administration" with examples. Please beware of such calls.
Trending In: Letters
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail
- Grass Valley police: Penn Valley man faces more charges after threatening hospital staff