Bob Larive: Football players insult our country
October 11, 2017
An open letter to Roger Goodell, NFL Headquarters, New York:
I just saw your NFL player's pathetic displays during our national anthem at various games today. I have been a loyal fan, but you have lost me.
As a patriotic American and veteran, I will not tolerate the insult to our flag and country by these whiners. If they want to protest, let them but do not let them disgrace all who have served and the great county we live in on the field with their actions in regard to the flag and the national anthem. You know as well as I do they don't even know what they are upset about.
If NFL management and the owners were patriots and had any morals you would stop this un-American activity, but you are cowards of the worst kind. Additionally, you know damn well our president was right! The problem is yours, not his.
God bless America, but not the NFL and unpatriotic players, etc.
Bob Larive, ex fan
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city