Bill Rose: Do what’s right for people, instead of party
November 20, 2017
I want to thank Brian Hamilton for writing a great — and I do mean great — article on the state of politics.
I used to enjoy conversations about politics with people. Not anymore. I avoid them because I don't want to open the door for people to express their hatred instead of their opinion. Both sides are guilty, and I have come to the conclusion that most politicians like it that way.
Are there "public servants" anymore? No, most are self seeking and they point the finger at the others so that the spotlight doesn't shine on them.
What would happen if we have a national calamity? Maybe that is what it's going to take to have both sides rally around what is right for the people, instead of what is "right for the party."
Thanks for expressing my opinion. Keep it up. There is more to say about this subject.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut