Bill Rose: Do what’s right for people, instead of party
November 20, 2017
I want to thank Brian Hamilton for writing a great — and I do mean great — article on the state of politics.
I used to enjoy conversations about politics with people. Not anymore. I avoid them because I don't want to open the door for people to express their hatred instead of their opinion. Both sides are guilty, and I have come to the conclusion that most politicians like it that way.
Are there "public servants" anymore? No, most are self seeking and they point the finger at the others so that the spotlight doesn't shine on them.
What would happen if we have a national calamity? Maybe that is what it's going to take to have both sides rally around what is right for the people, instead of what is "right for the party."
Thanks for expressing my opinion. Keep it up. There is more to say about this subject.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years