Bill Murdock: Holiday Kool-Aid cartoon a poor choice
January 8, 2019
I am confused by the political cartoon in the Dec. 24 issue of The Union.
The president made a campaign promise that I, as a taxpayer, would not have to pay for a border wall. The president promised that he would be responsible for shutting down the government over his demand for taxpayer funds to build the border wall. The president promised he would wear the mantle for a government shutdown and would not blame the Democrats for the shutdown.
Yet the Democrats ruined Christmas by not approving taxpayer funds for a wall?
Please pass the holiday Kool-Aid to the cartoon artist.
Trending In: Letters
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley