Bill Heck: Happy birthday, Patty
May 11, 2018
My first wife passed away in 1990, and, while our lives have moved on, this year would have been her 63rd birthday.
My children chose to mark it by recalling her words, and I thought I might share them with your readers. With all the forces that seem to be working to divide us, maybe this will give us an idea upon which we can agree.
"Love — such a simple word that means so much. For love is everything. Love is you and me. Love is as infinite as time and space. Our lives are truly fulfilled with it; and, dear God, so barren without it. I carry love within my heart and it guides me very well. For no matter where I go or what I do, love is always there."
– Patty Heck, 1975
We have read you loud and clear, Patty. Happy birthday (with love!) from Bill and your girls.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut