Bill Heck: Happy birthday, Patty
May 11, 2018
My first wife passed away in 1990, and, while our lives have moved on, this year would have been her 63rd birthday.
My children chose to mark it by recalling her words, and I thought I might share them with your readers. With all the forces that seem to be working to divide us, maybe this will give us an idea upon which we can agree.
"Love — such a simple word that means so much. For love is everything. Love is you and me. Love is as infinite as time and space. Our lives are truly fulfilled with it; and, dear God, so barren without it. I carry love within my heart and it guides me very well. For no matter where I go or what I do, love is always there."
– Patty Heck, 1975
We have read you loud and clear, Patty. Happy birthday (with love!) from Bill and your girls.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims