Adella Albiani: GOP tax plan a burden on everyday people
November 27, 2017
GOP tax plan a burden on everyday people
The Republican tax bill is a sneak attack on Medicaid and Medicare.
Cuts amount to $1.8 trillion.
What's worse, the Republican tax plan raises taxes on everyday people.
The plan raises taxes on millions of people who can least afford it, including seniors on fixed incomes and working families in the lowest income tax bracket.
Americans will no longer be able to deduct most of their state and local taxes on their federal return.
Recommended Stories For You
It's time for people in the western Nevada County community to stand up and say no to millionaires and the wealthy corporations raiding our health care to line their pockets.
The Republican tax plan will also raise taxes for millions of low- and middle-income families.
Republicans are working behind closed doors in a partisan way to create a tax plan that hurts working families in all 50 states.
Trending In: Letters
- Nancy Brost: Border wall crisis shows priorities of two opposing views
- Linda Schulyer Horning: Trump and Russia dates back to the ’80s
- Barbara Larsen: Insurance rate increases unfair
- Chris Pasles: Lack of insurance could threaten housing options
- Donna Frandsen: Presidential grudge behind threats to cut FEMA funding?