Fair’s Hall of Fame seeks nominations
The UNION STAFF
It’s time for the Nevada County Fair to honor its supporters and nominations are now being accepted for the 2006 inductees to the Fair’s Hall of Fame.
“Recognizing outstanding service and dedication to Nevada County’s premier event, the Hall of Fame each year rewards exceptional commitment to the development and success of the Fair,” says Fair CEO Ed Scofield. This is the 22nd year Hall of Fame recognition will be given.
This year’s nomination deadline is May 1.
To nominate an individual, anyone can write the candidate’s name and a brief summary of his or her contributions to the Fair or Fairgrounds. Previous Hall of Fame inductees have included Fair volunteers, exhibitors and concessionaires.
In 2005, Ted Schaps was inducted into the Hall of Fame for his dedication to the Fair’s horse shows. Also selected for honors last year was the David and Sharon Tobiassen Family, recognized for the entire family’s dedication to the Fair.
Nominations should be sent to Hall of Fame, Fairgrounds Office, P.O. Box 2687, Grass Valley, 95945, or delivered to the Fairgrounds office, 11228 McCourtney Road by the May 1 deadline. For more information on Hall of Fame nominations, call 273-6217.
The 2006 Nevada County Fair opens Aug. 9 and runs through Aug. 13th; the theme is “Wild About Ewe!”
Previous inductees to the Fair’s Hall of Fame:
• 1984: Malcolm Hammill and Henry Magonigal
• 1985: Phil and Johanna Personeni and Thomas Mulcahy
• 1986: Judge Vernon Stoll and Marian Ghidotti
• 1987: Loveta Hornsby
• 1988: Loyal C. Freeman and Edith Scott
• 1989: E. Jack Bixler
• 1990: Val and Lilly Belle Baima and Gail Gordon
• 1991: Leonard and Marilyn Prisk and Kenneth and Nina Maloney
• 1992: Lucille Dittl and Kenneth and Evelyn Casper
• 1993: Marge Carmen and Orin and Helen Brown
• 1994: Earll Shine and Don Schmidt
• 1995: Jerry Davis and Terry Luzmoor
• 1996: David Tobiassen Jimmy and Janet Wolter
• 1997: Earl MacBoyle and Vivian Scofield
• 1998: Pearl and CL Glass and Jerry Oliver
• 1999: Jack and Susan Parnell and Oliver and Frances Milhous
• 2000: Joe “Canner” Wiley and Marvin and Irene Blagg
• 2001: C.K “Kay” Heffren, Darlene Moberg and Bob and Marge Paasch
• 2002: Sally Semas, Hap and Donna Warnke and Bob and Shirley Jauregui
• 2003: Pat Riley, Elsie Peard and Harold and Kay Mabes
• 2004: John Taylor and Jack and Barbra Patison
• 2005: David and Sharon Tobiassen family and Ted Schaps
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User