– Sandra Marra, 34, and John Nelson, 23, of Cedar Ridge pleaded innocent May 20 to several charges against them related to a May 3 methamphetamine bust at Marra’s home. Her 15-month-old son had allegedly been living within the meth operation in the home.
Marra pleaded innocent to charges of child endangerment, possession of a controlled substance, manufacturing a controlled substance and possession of controlled substance paraphernalia.
Nelson pleaded innocent to charges of violating probation and manufacturing a controlled substance.
A June 3 hearing has been set for both.
– Michael Henning, the man who allegedly shot a neighbor’s dog after the dog chased a deer through his yard, pleaded innocent May 20 to a felony charge of animal cruelty.
Henning said earlier he thought the dog was a wolf or coyote when he shot her on March 25.
A June 10 felony conference has been set.
– Robert Kendall, 25, pleaded innocent May 20 to charges of possession of methamphetamine for sale and possession of marijuana, stemming from an April 22 arrest. The charges arose from a routine probation check at his home. A June 3 felony conference has been set.
– A five-day jury trial was scheduled May 21 for three Grass Valley residents who were arrested Dec. 6, 2003, in a drug raid on North School Street.
Leslie Robert Hill, 28; McKenzie Emily Stamp, 25; and Mathew Austin Ettl, 21, face charges of possession of a controlled substance for sale, possession of a narcotic controlled substance for sale, possession of marijuana for sale, possession of a controlled substance and criminal conspiracy.
Sheriff’s investigators found hallucinogenic mushrooms, marijuana and liquid opium at the house. While the house was being searched, a Nevada Union High School student showed up looking to buy drugs, according to the sheriff’s department.
The three were arrested along with Matthew Dean Arnold, 18, whose case is being handled separately. The trial is scheduled to begin Sept. 8, with an Aug. 17 trial readiness and July 2 pretrial conferences.
– Loriann Galitello, 41, of Grass Valley, pleaded guilty May 21 to one charge of petty theft with a prior jail term for burglary or robbery, a felony. She is scheduled to be sentenced June 28.
– Andrew Everett Gall, 25, a transient, pleaded innocent to charges of strong-arm robbery, kidnapping, criminal conspiracy, carrying a loaded firearm in public and violating probation.
Gall is accused of manipulating two runaway youths – one male and one female – to lead him to a cache of firearms.
The teenagers told officers that Gall made them lead him to the weapons at the boy’s mother’s house.
The boy was physically and verbally abused into cooperating, according to investigators.
– Shirley Renee Smith, 40, of Grass Valley, pleaded no contest to charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance for sale. Smith was arrested Feb. 10 with John Dennis Farnsworth. Smith’s trial date has been canceled, while Farnsworth’s has not.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User