Volunteers needed to collect donations
The third annual Christmas “Ho Ho Ho” – “Helping Out Helping Others Holiday Outreach” takes place in Nevada County through Dec. 13.
Volunteers are needed to help collect donations for needy families, organize and wrap gifts and gift boxes and distribute them. Groups are also encouraged to volunteer to distribute the personal care and winter items to the homeless and needy.
Residents can help by choosing to adopt a family for Christmas. Individual donations will be blended with those of others to provide for the needs of an unadopted family. Checks should be made payable to Women Of Worth and mailed to Women Of Worth Thrift, 13467 Colfax Highway, G.V. or dropped off at any of the locations listed below.
Participants are asked to donate new items, unwrapped, to be given as gifts for Christmas. Organizers ask that the value per gift be at least $7.
Suggested donations can include:
• Travel-sized personal care items such as shampoo, soap, razor, lotion, toothpaste, powder, deodorant, etc.
• Gift certificates from any grocery, shoe, department or bookstore. Teens appreciate movie passes, certificates from music stores or fast food restaurants.
• Baby food, formula, diapers and baby care items.
• Warm blankets, hats, scarves, gloves and coats (Must be clean, no holes and zipper intact).
• Nonperishable food baskets.
• W.O.W. Thrift, 13467 Colfax Highway (at the Brunswick/Cedar Ridge Y), Grass Valley.
• Curves For Women, 992 Plaza Drive (Near Perko’s restaurant), Grass Valley.
• Shear Madness, 10564 Combie Road (near Lake Of The Pines)
• The Baby Bear Boutique, 124 S. Auburn St., Grass Valley.
• La Mirage, 17325 Penn Valley Drive, Penn Valley.
• Curves, 737 Zion St. (next to SPD), Nevada City.
• Remnant Books & Video, 375 Brunswick Road, No. 105, Grass Valley
For more information call Sandy at 274-7037, W.O.W. Thrift and Resource Center, 13467 Colfax Highway (At the Brunswick/Cedar Ridge Y), G.V. or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Women Of Worth (W.O.W.)
Christmas concert set for Monday
The Gold Country Women’s Chorus will present a Christmas Concert at Sierra Pines United Methodist Church on Monday at 7 p.m.
A freewill offering will be taken to benefit the Hope Secondary School in Bethlehem, Palestine. The school serves 140 Christian and Muslim students, some of whom board at the school. The school provides for the spiritual, academic, physical growth, and promotes peace among the students. The freewill offering, along with school supplies, will be delivered in January to Hope Secondary School by a group from Sierra Pines, Grass Valley and Nevada City United Methodist Churches who will travel to Bethlehem.
Recreation district board meets tonight
Western Gateway Recreation and Park District conducts a special board meeting today at 6:30 p.m. at the Buttermakers’ Cottage in Penn Valley. Closed session will follow.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Each week we’ll run through the sublime, the trivial and profound issues, decisions and goings on that strike us as Hits or Misses. you can join in, too, by emailing your Hits & Misses to…