• At 2:22 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Brunswick Road reported a man with strawberry blond hair was passed out on the front lawn of a business. The man was gone when police arrived.
• At 3:43 p.m., two callers from Ridge Road at Sierra College Boulevard reported three drivers were speeding around the roundabout. Police were unable to locate the speeders.
• At 6:03 p.m., a caller from a department store the 100 block of West McKnight Way reported a man sitting in a red Nissan Titan truck was masturbating. Police made contact with the 41-year-old man and arrested him for drunken driving.
• At 9:31 p.m., a caller reported a noninjury accident on Freeman Lane. A vehicle crashed into a semi trailer. Police made contact with a 19-year-old man and took a report.
• At 10:12 p.m., police stopped a car on Mill Street at Bank Street and arrested a 54-year-old man for drunken driving.
• At 1:10 a.m., a caller from the 4000 block of Henderson Street reported two prowlers were in the area of an apartment complex. Police checked the area and were unable to locate anyone.
• At 10:56 a.m., a 20-year-old man self-surrendered on a warrant for his arrest in the police lobby on the 100 block of South Auburn Street.
• At 3:28 p.m., a caller from a school on the 10000 Squirrel Creek Road reported three juveniles were attempting to break into the gym. They were also on top of the building playing with an air conditioning unit. Deputies were unable to locate the juveniles.
• At 3:38 p.m., a caller from Nevada County Probation Department on the 100 block of North Pine Street reported a 25-year-old man wished to be arrested for his warrant. Deputies arrested him.
• At 5:46 p.m., a caller from the 31000 block of Relief Hill Road reported people tried to break into multiple camping trailers. A second caller reported the same thing. A deputy attempted to make contact.
• At 6:45 p.m., deputies arrested a 53-year-old man for drunken driving, being under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• At 12:19 a.m., deputies arrested a man on Squirrel Creek Road for a warrant.
• At 1:41 a.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Pleasant Valley Road reported a man was harassing employees and banging on the door. Deputies arrested the man for being drunk in public.
• At 2:23 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Spring Street reported a big party in a parking lot with people loitering. Police arrested a 31-year-old woman for possession of marijuana for sale.
• At 7:01 p.m., a caller from Broad Street reported a man was stumbling and had urinated on himself. Police made contact with the man. No arrest was made.
• At 8:36 p.m., police arrested a 23-year-old woman on the 400 block of Hollow Way for possession of a controlled substance, being under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic syringe.
• At 5:40 a.m., a caller from a school on the 400 block of Hoover Lane reported a juvenile jumped a fence with a flashlight. Deputies arrived, admonished the juvenile, checked the school grounds and released the juvenile to his parents.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User