Web update: Colfax fire started by electrical short | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Web update: Colfax fire started by electrical short

The CDF has determined the 800-acre fire in Colfax was started by an electrical short in an uninhabited trailer.

There have been no evacuations beyond the 150 ordered yesterday, and those evacuated have not been able to return. The blaze reached 800 acres by 3:45 p.m. today.

No buildings have burned in the blaze since an outbuilding Sunday evening, and most of the burned areas were fields rich with manzanita bushes. No residents were reported injured, although two firefighters were reportedly hurt last night.



One firefighter broke a leg and another suffered heat exhaustion, according to CDF. Officials from CDF have not released where the two injured firefighters are from.

Firefighting agencies involved included those from Nevada, Placer, Yuba, Butte, Sierra, Sacramento, Solano, Lassen, Modoc, El Dorado and Amador counties, as well as those from the Tahoe area and the U.S. Forest Service.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User