Why should you run for the Board
February 5, 2018
By Danny Gentile
That is a question I have been asked many, many times by friends and others. The truth is there is no simple answer! I have lived in Lake Wildwood for 27 years and, with the exception of the three years I worked at the old clubhouse, have kept a pretty low profile. In other words, I didn't get involved.
After hearing comments and complaints from friends I began to wonder if I might, in some way help improve things. I have always been the kind of person who enjoys a challenge so I applied for the Board to find out what goes on "behind the scene." My motto when running was: "I don't believe there are any unresolvable problems in Lake Wildwood… but I do believe there are some undiscovered solutions."
The Board needs people who can think clearly and have commonsense. People that are willing to share their time and give back to this beautiful community. People that can listen to others with an open mind.
You do not have to be an accountant or an attorney to contribute, just a person with a vision of what things can be like. These are volunteer positions so don't believe those that claim we only did it for the money.
Step up and be counted and feel free to call me to discuss any questions you may have.
Trending In: TWI
- Emma Louis-Dreyfus confirmed as Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ half-sister
- Future of Centennial Dam at center of Nevada Irrigation District race
- Spotlight on Nevada County sheriff’s race: Shannan Moon, Bill Smethers discuss recidivism, jail issues (VIDEO)
- Pair accused of using concrete bolt gun on Glenbrook Basin vending machine
- Fire engine responding to call in Glenbrook basin involved in crash