Tickets available for NU Hall of Fame induction ceremony
March 24, 2017
The Nevada Union Athletics Hall of Fame is inducting 18 new members April 22 at the Nevada City Elks Lodge.
Tickets are still available for those who wish to attend the dinner and ceremony. Tickets to the event are $35 per person. To reserve a seat contact Debbie Schorcht by phone at 530-273-4431 ext. 2017 or by email at email@example.com.
The 2017 class is comprised of 14 athletes, two coaches and two community contributors including, Armin Anderson (graduated from Nevada Union in 1981), Patrick Birdsong (1986), Randy Blankenship (coach), Chris Bray (1987), Wayne Brooks (1955), Chris Cota (1982), Shari Fisher (1978), Kele Fitzhugh (1981), Steve Gordon (1987), David Heppe (1979), Dennis Houlihan (1989), Jackie Randall-Poteet (1980), Durelle Schimick (1986), Janet Soule (1978), Brett Taylor (1974), Kermit Young (coach) and community contributors Caseywood and SPD Market.
Outside of Brooks, all the incoming inductees are from the 1970-1989 era of Nevada Union athletics. The inaugural class, which was inducted last year, featured athletes and coaches from the year Nevada Union opened in 1953 through 1969.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASEBALL: Bear River’s Jake Rogers named Pioneer Valley League co-MVP
- Auto Racing: Rossi adds new sponsor ahead of Indy 500
- INDIANAPOLIS 500: Rossi to start in last row after Indy 500 qualifying
- CLUB LACROSSE: Stampede storms past Napa for 2nd NorCal Championship in 3 years
- Miners Baseball Camp coming in June
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors
- HEW property owner plans another run at development
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- Joseph Ward, facing murder charge, tells authorities victim was secret society member
- Cal Fire: McCourtney, Lobo wildfires caused by trees falling into powerlines, PG&E cited