Tickets available for NU Hall of Fame induction ceremony
March 24, 2017
The Nevada Union Athletics Hall of Fame is inducting 18 new members April 22 at the Nevada City Elks Lodge.
Tickets are still available for those who wish to attend the dinner and ceremony. Tickets to the event are $35 per person. To reserve a seat contact Debbie Schorcht by phone at 530-273-4431 ext. 2017 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2017 class is comprised of 14 athletes, two coaches and two community contributors including, Armin Anderson (graduated from Nevada Union in 1981), Patrick Birdsong (1986), Randy Blankenship (coach), Chris Bray (1987), Wayne Brooks (1955), Chris Cota (1982), Shari Fisher (1978), Kele Fitzhugh (1981), Steve Gordon (1987), David Heppe (1979), Dennis Houlihan (1989), Jackie Randall-Poteet (1980), Durelle Schimick (1986), Janet Soule (1978), Brett Taylor (1974), Kermit Young (coach) and community contributors Caseywood and SPD Market.
Outside of Brooks, all the incoming inductees are from the 1970-1989 era of Nevada Union athletics. The inaugural class, which was inducted last year, featured athletes and coaches from the year Nevada Union opened in 1953 through 1969.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River lights up Mountain House in D4 playoffs
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Area grads help college hoops teams earn conference championships
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian cruises past El Dorado Adventist and into D6 semifinals
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Baseball, softball season in full swing for area alumni
- PREP WRESTLING: Miners, Bruins impress on the mat, advance to next round of postseason