REC VOLLEYBALL: Grass Valley Printers rally to win league title
August 30, 2018
In a closely contested championship bout, it was Grass Valley Printers prevailing and taking home the Nevada County Adult Sports Association's A League volleyball championship.
Facing the top-seeded Hit Happens squad, Grass Valley Printers rallied after dropping the first set, 26-24, to win the final two sets, 25-15, 15-11, to claim the summer season title.
Grass Valley Printers is comprised of Daniel Frazer, Tyra Jackson, Holly Dunn, Jared White and Breezy Moultrie.
Grass Valley Printers earned its way into the title match after knocking off the Goobers, 25-16, 26-24, in the semifinals. Hit Happens topped Ridge Runners, 25-16, 25-14, in the other semifinal.
Registration for NCASA's Fall/Winter sports is now open. Volleyball and basketball leagues get started the week of Oct. 7, and team registration is due by Sept. 15. Team registration for the NCASA flag football season is due Oct. 15 and the season kicks off Nov. 3. For more information, contact Rich Ramirez at 530-575-9142.
Coaches and/or league organizers may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- COMMUNITY: After 12 years, Michael Bratton II Turkey Trot continues to inspire, inform and bring community together
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, FLC hit court for Foundation Games
- Nevada County’s Shannan Moon becomes California’s first openly-gay sheriff
- Nevada County sheriff: Concealed, loaded gun found during traffic stop
- Memorial to former ambassador Chris Stevens to be dedicated Saturday in Grass Valley
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years