REC VOLLEYBALL: Goobers cruise past competition, win league title
September 6, 2018
The Goobers left little doubt who was the top team in their league.
After a strong regular season which earned them the No. 1 seed in the playoffs, the Goobers cruised past it's postseason opponents to claim the Nevada County Adult Sports Association's summer volleyball B League championship.
Competing at the Grass Valley Veterans Building, the Goobers knocked off No. 4 seed Chicago Park Crew, 25-8, 25-13, in the semifinals, and then went on to top the Wolves, 25-17, 15-17, in the title match.
The Goobers are comprised of Laura High, Coral LoCicero, Jim Tofte and Matt Tofte.
Registration for NCASA's Fall/Winter sports is now open. Volleyball and basketball leagues get started the week of Oct. 7, and team registration is due by Sept. 15. Team registration for the NCASA flag football season is due Oct. 15 and the season kicks off Nov. 3. For more information, contact Rich Ramirez at 530-575-9142.
Coaches and/or league organizers may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Alex Cook, Sierra College off to strong start in Big 8 play
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union tennis tops Oakmont; Bear River golf remains unbeaten in league play
- Tips for Salmon fishing on the Feather River
- PREP ROUNDUP: NU girls cross country wins 1st league meet, boys take 3rd
- Nevada County couple facing animal cruelty charge back in jail
- ‘We have your back’: Nevada County residents rally behind Blasey Ford
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- UPDATE: Police say Old Tunnel Road death likely accidental
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body