REC SPORTS: Moo Moos complete perfect season, win volleyball championship
February 8, 2018
With a dominant showing in the championship match, the Moo Moos wrapped up a perfect run through the Nevada County Adult Sports Association's Winter B League volleyball season.
After going 8-0 in regular season play, the No. 1 seeded Moo Moos topped No. 4 Chicago Park Crew, 25-7, 25-16, in the semifinals and bested No. 3 seed Ravens, 25-12, 25-15, in the finals to claim the league championship.
The Moo Moos are comprised of Kayla Tofte, Jim Tofte, Matt Tofte, Kristen Day and Laura High.
Registration for Nevada County Adult Sports Association's spring sports is currently open.
The NCASA volleyball and basketball leagues get started the week of March 4, team registration is due by Feb. 15.
Volleyball will include a 4-on-4 coed league. Cost per team is $300 and games are played on Wednesday evenings.
Recommended Stories For You
Basketball leagues will include five tiers (A, B1, B2, C and 40-years and older), and the cost per team is $450.
All games are played at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building.
For more information, contact Rich Ramirez at 530-575-9142.
Trending In: Sports
- After battling anxiety and depression, fighter Danny Carranza hopes his story helps others
- PREP SOFTBALL: Lady Miners top Lady Bruins in cross county bout
- PREP MOUNTAIN BIKING: Miners grab gold at Granite Bay Grinder
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Bear River crushes Pioneer, remains undefeated in league play
- RUNNING: Paint the Town Blue for Mitch 5K/10K set for Sunday
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley
- Developer revives Dorsey Marketplace; Grass Valley releases Draft EIR (Read the doc)
- Suspect in Grass Valley baby formula thefts ID’d
- Cascade Canal Trail to open after Nevada County court agreement
- Nevada County authorities charge 2 with embezzlement