REC BOWLING: The A Team strikes down competition, wins league title
May 1, 2018
The winners from the first half of the season faced off with the second half winners to decide the Gold Country Nuggets Thursday night mixed league bowling championship.
After all the pins had been counted, it was the A-team topping Stars and Stripes to win the title.
Leading the way was Wayne Brooks with a high-game of 235. The A Team's Danny Brock was the top bowler with scores of 209, 168 and 209.
Stars and Stripes was led by Sylvia Karnes with an average of 642 with her handicap.
The A Team is comprised of Brock, Brooks, Linda Wood and Nancy Wilson.
Stars and Stripes is made up of Karnes, Bob Schafer, Brad Peterson and Gordon Wagner.
Recommended Stories For You
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- SENIOR SOFTBALL: Tuff Grass claims Gold Country Senior Softball Tourney Championship
- AIR RACES: Tight races at incredible speeds highlight 55th annual Reno National Championships
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Garrett Gough dominates at Nevada Union Invitational, sets course record
- PREP WATER POLO: Miners off to solid start as league play nears
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Houlihan’s INT helps American River top San Mateo